Waterworks' mission has always been to educate and motivate individuals to be safer and learn proper swimming technique. It is important to our company that we re-open in a safe, science-based, and socially responsible manner.
In collaboration with public health officials, the United States Swim School Association, and facility operators, Waterworks has created a safe facility use plan that is compliant with public health directives.
Please take a moment to review the steps we are taking below. Keep in mind, this is not the full list. To view the full summary, please click on the button below.
Safety & Social Distancing Measures:
- Facemasks are required to be worn by all families and Waterworks team members when approaching the facility, while in the facility, and when exiting.
- Touch-free temperature scans will be conducted on our team members and swim families upon arrival. Temperatures at or in excess of 100.3 degrees will be refused entry.
- Everyone will need to maintain at least 6 feet distance from each other with the exception of family members who share the same household.
- We are offering private and semi-private swim lessons. We will also be holding our summer swim camps and offering lap swim.
- Parent and Me lessons may be offered at select locations with limited class sizes.
- Semi-private swim lessons will be 10 minutes in length. The Instructor will teach each student separately in the semi-private lesson.
- If there are two siblings (who share the same household) in the same semi-private lesson, they will receive 20 minutes.
- Swim lessons will be spaced out (6 feet or more) in the pool.
- Students are encouraged to arrive and leave the swim facility wearing their swimsuit.
- Swim play areas will be closed until further notice.
- If you are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and get well.
- All employees have been told not to come to work if they are sick.
- Any employee that comes to work feeling sick and/or shows COVID-19 symptoms will be sent home immediately.
- We will be disinfecting all surfaces multiple times per day. These areas include (not limited to): workstations, countertops, doorknobs, and chairs.
- We will have a team member dedicated to cleaning all common surfaces during our operating hours.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed at various locations throughout our facilities.
- Professional deep cleaning will be performed on nightly basis.
- Bathrooms, staff break rooms and other common areas will be disinfected frequently.
Chlorine Clean Pools:
- NOTE: There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools. Visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html
- We will continue to maintain well balanced, chlorinated pools per the CDC and local health department requirements.
- We have a sophisticated UV light system in place to kill microorganisms in pool water including cryptosporidium (parasite that comes from fecal matter).